Below are our terms and conditions of trade.
- 1.1 “Outwest Productions Limited” shall mean Outwest Productions Limited, or any agents or employees thereof.
- 1.2 “Customer” shall mean the customer, any person acting on behalf of and with the authority of the customer, or any person purchasing goods or services from Outwest Productions Limited.
- 1.3 “Goods” shall mean all goods, chattels supplied by Outwest Productions Limited to the customer and shall include any fee or charge associated with the supply of goods by Outwest Productions Limited to the customer.
- 1.4 “Services” shall mean all services provided by Outwest Productions Limited to the customer and shall include without limitation the provision of all graphic design, magazine and web design, communication services and supplies, all charges for labour and work, hire charges, insurance charges, or any fee or charge associated with the supply of services by Outwest Productions Limited to the customer.
- 1.5 “Price” shall mean the cost of the goods or services as agreed between Outwest Productions Limited and the customer subject to clause 4 of this contract.
- 2.1 Any instructions received by Outwest Productions Limited from the customer for the supply of goods or services shall constitute acceptance of the terms and conditions contained herein.
3. COLLECTION AND USE OF INFORMATION
- 3.1 The customer authorises Outwest Productions Limited to collect, retain and use any information about the customer, or for the purpose of assessing the customer’s credit worthiness, enforcing any rights under this contract, or marketing any goods and services provided by Outwest Productions Limited to any other party.
- 3.2 The customer authorises Outwest Productions Limited to disclose any information obtained to any person for the purposes set out in clause 3.1.
- 3.3 Where the customer is a natural person the authorities under clauses 3.1 and 3.2 are authorities or consents for the purposes of the Privacy Act 1993.
- 4.1 Where no price is stated in writing or agreed to orally the goods or services shall be deemed to be sold at the current amount as such goods are sold or provided by Outwest Productions Limited at the time of the contract.
- 4.2 The price may be increased by the amount of any reasonable increase in the cost of supply of the goods or services that is beyond the control of Outwest Productions Limited between the date of the contract and delivery of the goods or providing of the services.
- 5.1 Payment for goods or services shall be made in full on or before 7 days following the date of the invoice unless otherwise arranged between the parties prior to delivery of the goods or the providing of the services (“the due date”).
- 5.2 Interest may be charged on any amount owing after the due date at the rate of 2.5% per month or part month.
- 5.3 Any expenses, disbursements and legal costs incurred by Outwest Productions Limited in the enforcement of any rights contained in this contract shall be paid by the customer, including any reasonable solicitor’s fees or debt collection agency fees.
- 5.4 Receipt of a cheque, bill of exchange, or other negotiable instrument shall not constitute payment until such negotiable instrument is paid in full.
- 6.1 Where a quotation or estimate is given by Outwest Productions Limited for goods or services:
- 6.1.1 The quotation or estimate shall be valid for one month from the date of issue; and
- 6.1.2 The quotation or estimate shall be exclusive of Goods and Services Tax unless specifically stated to the contrary.
- 6.2 Where goods or services are required in addition to the quotation or estimate the customer agrees to pay for the additional cost of goods or services.
- 7.1 The goods remain at Outwest Productions Limited’s risk until the delivery to the customer, but when title passes to the customer pursuant to clause 9.1 of this contract the goods are at the customer’s risk whether delivery has been made or not.
- 7.2 Delivery of goods shall be deemed complete when Outwest Productions Limited gives possession of the goods for delivery to the customer, or possession of the goods is given to a common carrier, or other bailee for the purposes of transmission to the customer.
- 7.3 The time agreed for delivery shall not be an essential term of this contract unless the customer gives written notice to Outwest Productions Limited making time of the essence.
- 7.4 Where Outwest Productions Limited delivers goods or provides services to the customer by instalments and Outwest Productions Limited fails to deliver or supply one or more instalments the customer shall not have the right to repudiate the contract but shall have the right to claim compensation as a severable breach.
- 8.1 The customer authorises Outwest Productions Limited to contract either as principal or agent for the provision of goods or services that are the matter of this contract.
- 8.2 Where Outwest Productions Limited enters into a contract of the type referred to in clause 8.1 it shall be read with and form part of this agreement and the customer agrees to pay any amounts due under that contract.
- 9.1 If the goods are ascertained and in a deliverable state, title in the goods passes to the customer when the customer has made payment for all goods supplied by Outwest Productions Limited.
- 9.2 Where the customer has not paid for any goods in its possession property in such goods shall remain with Outwest Productions Limited and:
- 9.2.1 The goods shall be held by the customer as bailee; and
- 9.2.2 If the goods are attached, fixed, or incorporated into any property of the customer, by way of any manufacturing or assembly process by the customer or any third party, title in the goods shall remain with Outwest Productions Limited until the customer has made payment for all goods, and where those goods are mixed with other property so as to be part of or a constituent of any new goods, title to these new goods shall deemed to be assigned to Outwest Productions Limited as security for the full satisfaction by the customer of the full amount owing between Outwest Productions Limited and customer.
- 9.3 The customer gives irrevocable authority to Outwest Productions Limited to enter any premises occupied by the customer, at any reasonable time, to remove any goods not paid for in full by the customer. Outwest Productions Limited shall not be liable for costs, damages or expenses or any other losses incurred by the customer or any third party as a result of this action, nor liable in contract or in tort or otherwise in any way whatsoever.
10. RETURN OF GOODS
- 10.1 The customer shall be deemed to have accepted the goods unless the customer notifies Outwest Productions Limited otherwise within 7 days of delivery of the goods or providing of the services to the customer.
- 10.2 No goods will be accepted for return by Outwest Productions Limited without prior approval.
- 11.1 Except as otherwise provided by statute Outwest Productions Limited shall not be liable for:
- 11.1.1 Any loss or damage of any kind whatsoever whether suffered or incurred by the customer or another person whether such loss or damage arises directly or indirectly from goods or services or advice provided by Outwest Productions Limited to the customer and without limiting the generality of the foregoing of this clause Outwest Productions Limited shall not be liable for any consequential loss or damage of any kind including without limitation any financial loss; and
- 11.1.2 Except as provided in this contract Outwest Productions Limited shall not be liable in contract, or in tort, or otherwise for any loss, damage, or injury beyond the value of the goods or services provided by Outwest Productions Limited to the customer; and
- 11.1.3 The customer shall indemnify Outwest Productions Limited against all claims of any kind whatsoever however caused or arising and without limiting the generality of the foregoing of this clause whether caused or arising as a result of the negligence of Outwest Productions Limited or otherwise, brought by any person in connection with any matter, act, omission, or error by Outwest Productions Limited its agents or employees in connection with the goods or services.
- 11.1.4 Without limiting the generality of Clause 11, the customer shall be responsible for checking all proofs provided by Outwest Productions Limited prior to printing. Outwest Productions Limited will not be liable for any errors arising from incorrect proofs being printed.
12.1 Unless otherwise stated, you agree (at
your sole cost) to provide us in a format reasonably
required and of a quality acceptable to both parties:
12.2 all data, information and text to be incorporated in, on
or into the Product (including data, information or text set
out in PDF, MS Word or .txt files or contained in MS Access
or MS Excel spreadsheets with predetermined fields); and
12.2.1 all logos, designs, images, graphics, video sequences
and any other related materials to be incorporated in, on or
into the Product (including any images stored in Quality
Jpeg, EPS or tiff files or video sequences digitised on
- 12.3 You agree to fully cooperate with us to enable us to complete the Design Services and produce and deliver the Product to you within a reasonable timeframe . You also agree to make your input available when requested, and to respond to our queries or requests, in respect of any matter or thing related to the Design Services and/or the Product in a promptly and timely manner.
13. CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT
- 13.1 The guarantees contained in the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 are excluded where the customer acquires goods or services from Outwest Productions Limited for the purposes of a business in terms of section 2 and 43 of that Act.
- 14.1 No representation, condition, warranty or premise expressed or implied by law or otherwise applies to goods or services except where goods are supplied or services provided pursuant to the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 or except where expressly stated in this contract.
- 14.2 Outwest Productions Limited does not provide any warranty that the goods are fit and suitable for the purpose for which they are required by the customer and shall not be liable if they are not.
- 15.1 Outwest Productions Limited shall, without any liability, and without any prejudice to any other right it has in law or equity, have the right by notice to suspend or cancel in whole or in part any contract for the supply of goods or services to the customer if the customer fails to pay any money owing after the due date or the customer commits an act of bankruptcy as defined in section 19 of the Insolvency Act 1967.
- 15.2 Any cancellation or suspension under clause 15.1 of this agreement shall not affect Outwest Productions Limited’s claim for money due at the time of cancellation or suspension or for damages for any breach of any terms of this contract or the customer’s obligations to Outwest Productions Limited under this contract.
- 16.1 The customer shall not assign all or any of its rights or obligations under this contract without the written consent of Outwest Productions Limited.
- 16.2 Outwest Productions Limited shall not be liable for delay or failure to perform its obligations if the cause of the delay or failure is beyond its control.
- 16.3 Failure by Outwest Productions Limited to enforce any of the terms and conditions contained in this contract shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any of the rights or obligations Outwest Productions Limited has under this contract.
- 16.4 The law of New Zealand shall apply to this contract except to the extent expressly negated or varied by this contract.
- 16.5 Where the terms of this contract are at variance with the order or instruction from the customer, this contract shall prevail.
- 16.6 If any provision of this contract shall be invalid, void or illegal or unenforceable the validity existence, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not be affected, prejudiced or impaired.
- 16.7 Any dispute between the parties is to be dealt with in accordance with the Arbitration Act 1996.
- 16.8 Copyright in all designs and materials prepared and provided by Outwest Productions Limited shall remain with Outwest Productions Limited.